Services may be provided in suitable rooms near you. You are just one e-mail or call away from resolving a dispute creatively, constructively and confidentially.
Christian Hartwig has serves as a mediator in a wide range of disputes including family, commercial, workplace, organizational and community disputes. As a mediation trainer he teaches adults and children both in Germany and internationally. He lectures on mediation and conflict transformation at Humboldt University Berlin, the Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Central European University Budapest and similar educational institutions. His firm offers a variety of training programs as well as dispute resolution services. He is certified according to the standards of 'Bundesverband Mediation', the Federal Organization for Mediation in Germany. From the American Institute of the Study of Conflict Transformation (ISCT) he is certified as a Transformativer Mediator™.
"The use of the transformative approach to mediate in various disputes can be very effective by helping the parties to change their destructive interaction to a more positiv, connected and humanising way to communicate. People with different backgrounds have the need to develop greater understanding in order to make better decisions. By following the parties in their conversations the mediator encourages them to explores the differences they have and helps them to decide how to deal with those differences. The strength and responsiveness they gain during the difficult conversation derives from the reconnection to oneself and the another. It can restores the ability of the parties to resolve problematic issues on their own."
He studied law at Friedrich-Schiller University Jena, ÉLTE Budapest and Humboldt University Berlin with the focus on Mediation and Conflict transformation. In the area of ADR, he completed following traninings:
- ABA approved negotiation and mediation training program of Tulane Law School in Berlin (ABA)
- BM approved one year long training with the Deutsche Familienverband 'German Family Association' (BM)
- NYS Unified Court System approved Transformative Mediation training with Jody B. Miller (NYCOURTS)
- Master Class in Transformative Mediation with Prof. Joseph P. Folger
- A mediation apprenticeship at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in NYC with Prof. Lela P. Love(YU)
- Training program in Supervision with Mathias Nelle according (DGSv)
- Trainings informally, i.e.: Organisational Development for BM supervised by Gerhard Leinweber; transformative mediation with Peter Miller, einem amerikanischen Mediator und Trainer für Mediation; in Mindfulness durch Professor Leonard Riskin
He has worked at the Dispute Settlement Center of Victoria (DSCV), Australia and New York Peace Institute. He serves on the organizational development committee of the 'Bundesverband Mediation', the Federal Organization for Mediation in Germany, and works as their representative in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt. He has written articles on mediation for "Spektrum der Mediation".
What if ...? Interview with Christian Hartwig in English (with French subtitles):
MediationStudio interviewing Christian Hartwig during the ICC Mediation Competition in Paris (Feb. 2016).
Here you can find the video: https://vimeo.com/165412568/efe28629f5.